Behold, another Zimbra-related post!
I recently ran across an article on how to configure Pidgin with Zimbra IM (5.x+) here, but since I run Digsby for IM, the settings and input boxes didn’t quite match up.
After talking to various people and troubleshooting problems of my own, I finally got it to work. Contacts and groups are also synchronized between Zimbra and Digsby, so if you move a screenname on one, it will show up on the other.
- Go to the preferences window where you add a new account
- Click Add IM account and add a new Jabber account
- Jabber ID: your Zimbra email (including the @domain.com)
- Password: duh
- Check auto login
- Expand the Advanced section
- Host: your mail server (mail1.domain.com)
- Port: Change to 5223
- Resource: Leave “Digsby”
- Priority: Leave at 5
- Data Proxy: Leave blank unless you need to change it
- Check “Force SSL”
- Keep “Ignore SSL Warnings” unchecked
- Check “Allow Plaintext Login”
Once you save the account settings, connect to the server, and, barring any firewall issues, you should be all set!