Today marks a very historic day.. the first highly-lauded Windows release since 2001!
There has, however, been a bit of a snafu. Those of you who purchased and downloaded the copy of 7 from windows741.com may run into a problem about folder permissions upon running the installer. Gathered from here, follow these steps:
- From within XP/Vista 32-bit, I downloaded the 64-bit version of Win7 Professional upgrade.
- Used the installer to extract the files, but received above mentioned error.
- Checked the file size of the folder “extendedSetup” and noticed that it was 3.01 GB.
- Moved extendedSetup folder to root (C:\)
- Downloaded this file and placed it into C:\WINDOWS\System32: http://www.sevenforums.com/attachmen…-l-oscdimg.zip
- Bought up command prompt and typed the following: oscdimg -bC:\expandedSetup\boot\etfsboot.com -h -u2 -m -lWIN_EN_DVD C:\expandedSetup\ C:\7.iso
- Burned ISO with ImgBurn (freeware)
- Booted, installed, and activated
I’m trying that as we speak, so I’ll keep you posted as to if it works. Happy Windows 7 day!
EDIT: Command line syntax error.. -1 should have been -l. Its fixed above now