Zomgee has sat unused for the most part for the past few years.. The casual internet usage faction has mostly died out. Personal blogs have long sat dormant and AOL Instant Message accounts haven’t been logged into for years.
Since everyone else seems to have a hard time posting, I have decided to help them out. The question: what is the single greatest piece of freeware available today and why?
Today marks a very historic day.. the first highly-lauded Windows release since 2001!
There has, however, been a bit of a snafu. Those of you who purchased and downloaded the copy of 7 from windows741.com may run into a problem about folder permissions upon running the installer. Gathered from here, follow these steps:
- From within XP/Vista 32-bit, I downloaded the 64-bit version of Win7 Professional upgrade.
- Used the installer to extract the files, but received above mentioned error.
- Checked the file size of the folder “extendedSetup” and noticed that it was 3.01 GB.
- Moved extendedSetup folder to root (C:\)
- Downloaded this file and placed it into C:\WINDOWS\System32: http://www.sevenforums.com/attachmen…-l-oscdimg.zip
- Bought up command prompt and typed the following: oscdimg -bC:\expandedSetup\boot\etfsboot.com -h -u2 -m -lWIN_EN_DVD C:\expandedSetup\ C:\7.iso
- Burned ISO with ImgBurn (freeware)
- Booted, installed, and activated
I’m trying that as we speak, so I’ll keep you posted as to if it works. Happy Windows 7 day!
EDIT: Command line syntax error.. -1 should have been -l. Its fixed above now
Ok, so Windows 7 is on the way and if you use a computer at all and are running XP or Vista, you’ll want to upgrade. Not only are the problems from Vista fixed, Windows 7 will run faster on the same hardware than Windows XP! If none of this is making sense, just take my word for it.
Too expensive?- you might wonder…
If you’re a student, head over to http://win741.com/ where you can purchase Windows 7 Home Premium (what I recommend for most people) for $29.99!
If you aren’t a student, you can find copies for sale at Newegg
Home Premium: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16832116754 $99.99
Professional: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16832116758 $114.99 after code WIN7PRO20
Ultimate: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16832116762 $144.99 after code WIN7ULT30
Act fast though, the codes expire on 10/3